“MYBC Metis Identity Contest”
MYBC Metis Identity Contest Official Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The MYBC YouTube Metis Identity Contest (“Contest”) is open to Metis entrants’ ages fifteen (15) to thirty (30) who reside in British Columbia and are interested in exploring their Metis identity through creative expression.
2. SPONSOR: Metis Nation British Columbia, the MNBC Ministry of Youth, Metis Youth British Columbia (MYBC) located at 30691 Simpson Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia (“Sponsor”).
3. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins September 13, 2013 at 00:01 Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on November 1, 2013 at 23:59 PST (“Contest Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Contest Period. Entry Forms received prior to or after Contest Period are void.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Submissions may be submitted via email to email@example.com or by mail to Colette Trudeau at 30691 Simpson Road Abbotsford, BC, V2T 6C7. If you are submitting a video, please upload to YouTube and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting an original piece of art work, you may send in the original piece, or submit a photograph of the work. If selected as a finalist, MNBC will facilitate the shipping of the piece.
Entrants must only enter the Contest once. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who submit multiple Submissions. Physical copies of Submissions received by Sponsor will not be returned and will become the property of Sponsor. Personal information collected from Entrant, such as mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number will be kept private. Sponsor will only use this information for the purposes of administering your participation in the Contest, and will not release the information to any third party for any reason.
5. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All Submissions must be submitted by the owner and not anonymously.
· All Submissions must be the original creation of the Entrant;
· The Submission must be in English but can use elements of French and Michif;
· The Submission must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service (if applicable)
· The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes the rights of others, including, but not limited, to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademark or patent rights) or constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
· The Submission must not contain tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous materials;
· The Submission must not contain inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, or discriminatory materials, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and
· The Submission must not contain unlawful or illegal materials or materials contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction in which the Submission was created.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize will be worth $300. One (1) second place winner will receive prizing worth $150. One (1) third place prize winner will receive prizing worth $75. All participants will receive a $25 gift card to an establishment of the Sponsors choice.
7. JUDGING: A panel of eight (8) Metis Youth determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will select the winners from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria:
· Appropriateness to purpose of Contest (50%)
· Originality/Creativity (25%)
· Quality (25%)
In the event of a tie, the Entrant whose Submission received the highest score in the Originality/Creativity of video category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The judges’ decision is final.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Grand Prize winner will be notified via email on or around November 15, 2013. The second and third prize winners will be notified once the Grand Prize winner is confirmed. Each potential winner will have five (5) days after being notified via email to respond or forfeit the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, fails to respond to the email notification within the required time period or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners agree that the Sponsor shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or from the acceptance or uses of the prizes awarded.
Download Full Contest Entrance Form here