Athlete Expression of Interest form now available online. Deadline to submit – January 31, 2014.
(Monday, December 23, 2013) – Are you an Aboriginal wrestler born in 1996 through 1999? Team BC Head Coaches Aaron Keitlah (male team) and Kaitlyn Charlie (female team) are currently recruiting potential wrestlers and are collecting formal “Athlete Expression of Interest” forms from athletes interested in competing at the 2014 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) to be held July 20-27, 2014 in Regina, Saskatchewan. The deadline to submit is January 31, 2014.
Athletes who submit the Athlete Expression of Interest form will be contacted following the January 31 deadline with more information regarding details of the selection process for Team BC in wrestling. Details on the wrestling competition at NAIG and the online application form can be found below:
ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY – In order to be eligible for participation on Team BC for North American Indigenous Games (NAIG), athletes must:
- Meet the sport-specific age requirement
- Be a resident of BC
- Be born of Aboriginal (North American Indigenous) ancestry. Athletes will be required to provide proof of ancestry (e.g. Status Card, Métis Card, First Nations Card, Treaty Card, Inuit and Inuvialuit identification)*.
AGE ELIGIBILITY (WRESTLING) – The NAIG wrestling competition consists of both male and female individual competition for following age and weight classes. Participants born in 1996 to 1998 are eligible (Cadet). Participants born in 1999 may be considered to be upgraded.
TEAM SIZE (WRESTLING) – Each Province, Territory and State is allowed to enter one (1) male and one (1) female athlete per weight division for each age group. Teams may accredit one (1) coach and one (1) manager for each of the male and female teams. The staff composition must have a minimum of one (1) female staff.
HOW TO SUBMIT ATHLETE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
- Please complete the online form – click here to access the online form. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JANUARY 31, 2014.
- To access a printable hard copy form – click here.
- For more information about the wrestling competition at NAIG please click here.
For more information, please contact: Lara Mussell
Team BC Chef de Mission
Manager, Sport Development & Competitions
1-800-990-2432 ext. 233