Team BC Seeking Badminton Athletes for 2014 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG)
Athlete Expression of Interest form now available online. Deadline to submit – February 28, 2014.
(Monday, February 3, 2014) – Are you an Aboriginal badminton player born in 1995 through 2000? Led by Head Coach Chris Sowden, Team BC is currently recruiting potential badminton athletes and is collecting formal “Athlete Expression of Interest” forms from athletes interested in competing at the 2014 North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) to be held July 20-27, 2014 in Regina, Saskatchewan. The deadline to submit is February 28, 2014.
Athletes who submit the Athlete Expression of Interest form will be contacted following the deadline with more information regarding details of the selection process for Team BC in badminton which may include invitation to an evaluation camp (location and date to be determined). Details on the badminton competition at NAIG and the online application form can be found below:
ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY – In order to be eligible for participation on Team BC for North American Indigenous Games (NAIG), athletes must:
• Meet the sport-specific age requirement
• Be a resident of BC
• Be born of Aboriginal (North American Indigenous) ancestry. Athletes will be required to provide proof of ancestry (e.g. Status Card, Métis Card, First Nations Card, Treaty Card, Inuit and Inuvialuit identification)*. *athletes without a card, may be eligible through the Declaration of Aboriginal Ancestry form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detail.
AGE ELIGIBILITY (BADMINTON) – Team BC is seeking badminton athletes to compete in NAIG competition consisting of male and female singles, doubles and mixed doubles events for U19 (born 1995 to 1997) and U16 (born 1998 to 2000) age categories.
TEAM SIZE (BADMINTON) – Each Province, Territory and State may enter two (2) male and two (2) female per age category. An athlete is allowed to compete in the singles, doubles and mixed doubles events.
HOW TO SUBMIT ATHLETE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
• Please complete the online form – click here to access the online form. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FEBRUARY 28, 2014.
• To access a printable hard copy form – click here.
• For more information about the badminton competition at NAIG please click here.
For more information, please contact:
Team BC Chef de Mission
Manager, Sport Development & Competitions
1-800-990-2432 ext. 233