Deadline to apply: Thursday, October 9
Friday, September 19, 2014 – The Aboriginal Sport, Recreation and Physical Activity Partners Council (Partners Council) is seeking qualified Aboriginal hockey coaches from across BC to serve on the Team BC Coaching Staff for the 2015 National Aboriginal Hockey Championships (NAHC). The 2015 NAHC will be hosted in Halifax, Nova Scotia from April 27th to May 2nd.
Applications for the Head Coach and Assistant Coach positions for both the female and male teams are now being accepted. The successful candidates for these volunteer positions will be selected by the Provincial Aboriginal Hockey Committee.
• The coaching staff will consist of one (1) head coach, two (2) assistant coaches, and one (1) team manager for each the Male and the Female teams.
• Only those coaches eligible to be a registered member with BC Hockey or another Hockey Canada Branch are eligible to apply for coach position.
• Head coaches must possess a minimum of Intermediate and/or Developmental 1 Certification. Assistant coaches must possess a minimum of Coach Level and/or Coach Stream Certification.
• Pass a criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
• Female team coaching staff to consist of at least 2 female coaches.
• Must be available to attend the three-day Team BC Player Selection Camp to be held in late March or early April, 2015. Must be available to attend the NAHC, April 26 to May 3, 2015.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm (PST), Thursday, October 9, 2014. To apply, please complete the online application found at https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.eu/forms/team-bc-nahc-coach-application/.
National Aboriginal Hockey Championships (NAHC)
The NAHC provides a forum for elite Bantam/Midget age Aboriginal hockey players from across Canada. The event aids in fostering cultural unity and pride and celebrates the athletic abilities of Aboriginal athletes from across the country. Team BC is represented by two teams, one male and one female which are both comprised of the top players from across the province.