NOMINATION CALLS ARE OPEN FOR THE FOLLOWING PROVINCIAL AND REGIONAL POSITIONS
Provincial Youth Chair for Métis Youth BC / MNBC Minister of Youth
The Provincial Chairperson of BC Métis Youth Kate Elliott has served notice of resignation to pursue her medical studies at a university outside of British Columbia beginning August 2016. Therefore nominations are invited to fill the position on an interim basis until general elections are held in 2016.
The Criteria for the position:
- A resident of British Columbia for at least 12 months
- Of the age 15 to 30 years
- MNBC Registered Citizen
- A letter of nomination required from a MNBC registered Citizen aged 15 to 30
- A letter of willingness to let their name stand for the position from the person being nominated
- Both documents to be emailed to the MNBC Chief Executive Officer c/o Tracey Thornhill, Executive Assistant no later than 12 noon PM (Pacific) Wednesday, July 22, 2015
- The process of selecting the successful candidate will involve the Métis Youth BC Committee (MYBC), the MNBC Board of Directors and the MNGA
- The successful candidate will sit as the Interim Provincial Chairperson for BC Métis Youth and be a member of the MNBC Board of Directors and of the MNGA
For further information:
- Contact Colette Trudeau – MNBC Director of Youth
- Contact Tracey Thornhill – MNBC Executive Assistant
Closing Date for PROVINCIAL nominations: 12 noon PM (Pacific) Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Regional Representatives for Métis Youth BC (MNBC Ministry of Youth)
There is presently a need for regional youth representatives in the following regions:
- Region 1 – Vancouver Island & Powell River
- Region 6 – Northwest
- Region 7 – Northeast
Closing Date for REGIONAL nominations – None
About the Ministry (MYBC)
The Ministry of Youth, also known as MYBC, is a voluntarily driven youth governing body that represents and advocates on behalf of Métis youth at the community, provincial and national level. The Ministry of Youth ensures that Métis Youth are involved and engaged in all levels of governance, both within and outside of the Métis Nation British Columbia.
The Ministry of Youth is composed of seven (7) Regional Youth Representatives and a Provincial Youth Chairperson; the members of the Committee are all elected by the youth in their regions. From these eight positions an executive is also formed. The Provincial Youth Chairperson also holds a voting seat on the Board of Directors and is the Minister Responsible for Youth (and any other Ministry appointed by the President of MNBC).
As political representatives for Métis Youth British Columbia (MYBC), the members of the elected Regional Representatives work within their respective communities across the province. The Ministry of Youth is continually lobbying each of the Communities to ensure they have a Community Youth Representative to facilitate the flow of communication to and from the grassroots level.
For further information: Contact Colette Trudeau – MNBC Director of Youth