The BC Cancer Agency in partnership with Métis Nation British Columbia, BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centers, and First Nations Health Authority is pleased to announce a call for a local Métis artist to create a lasting representative piece of art to welcome Métis patients and their families to each of the six BC Cancer Agency’s Centres. This artist will have the opportunity to create a piece that helps foster a sense of cultural wellness and community within the BC Cancer Agency’s 6 centers.
This project provides a rare opportunity for a local Métis artist to contribute to the creation of a culturally welcoming environment for all Indigenous cancer patients and their families at local BC Cancer Agency Centres. Artwork should reflect the Metis Nation in British Columbia.
To note: each Centre will unveil a Métis and a First Nations piece at each Center in community events planned for March 2017.
- The BC Cancer Agency will be allotted $60,000 dollars to support an artist to develop 6 identical pieces that reflects and honours the Métis heritage here in British Columbia
- Proposals and associated estimated costs from the artist must be submitted on or before December 9th, 2016 to: Preston Guno, Director, Indigenous Cancer Control Presont.Guno@bccancer.bc.ca and CC Ashley Turner Métis Nation Cancer Care Project Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art pieces must be completed by February 28th, 2017
- Unveiling ceremonies will be completed at each BC Cancer Agency Centre in March 2017
- Size considerations: please note that the size at each center will vary slightly, however the artist has up to approximately 3’ x 3’ x 3’ of floor space or 3’ x 3’ of wall space available
Please submit a one-page proposal, draft sketch of artistic idea, and an outlined and detailed budget.
If you have any questions please email Preston Guno, Direction Indigenous Cancer Care at the BC Cancer Agency at Preston.Guno@bccancer.bc.ca or Ashley Turner, Métis Nation Cancer Care Project Coordinator email@example.com